Winery Berta Maillol La Riviére Collioure
In the mouth this white wine is a powerful.
This wine generally goes well with vegetarian, poultry or lean fish.
Discover the grape variety: Lival
Lival noir is a grape variety that originated in France (Languedoc). It produces a variety of grape used for wine making. However, it can also be found eating on our tables! Lival noir can be found cultivated in these vineyards: South-West, Cognac, Bordeaux, Rhône Valley, Languedoc & Roussillon, Provence & Corsica.
Informations about the Winery Berta Maillol
The Winery Berta Maillol is one of of the world's greatest estates. It offers 12 wines for sale in the of Collioure to come and discover on site or to buy online.
The wine region of Collioure
Collioure is a very small appellation in the Roussillon region (also known as French Catalonia) in southeastern France, near the border with Spain on the Mediterranean coast, about 30 kilometers southwest of Perpignan. It produces Powerful Dry red and white wines from France's southernmost Vineyard. The appellation comprises four communes, including the one from which it takes its name, plus Cerbère, Port-Vendres and Banyuls. Collioure wines are the dry table wines of the region, while those bearing the name Banyuls are the Sweet wines produced in exactly the same vineyards.
The wine region of Languedoc-Roussillon
France/languedoc-roussillon/languedoc">Languedoc (formerly Coteaux du Languedoc) is a key appellation used in the Languedoc-Roussillon wine region of southern France. It covers Dry table wines of all three colors (red, white and rosé) from the entire region, but leaves Sweet and Sparkling wines to other more specialized appellations. About 75% of all Languedoc wines are red, with the remaining 25% split roughly down the middle between whites and rosés. The appellation covers most of the Languedoc region and almost a third of all the vineyards in France.
News related to this wine
Ten years on: Chinese wine’s breakthrough moment at DWWA
The prestige attached to winning at the Decanter World Wine Awards (DWWA) means that being awarded a Bronze medal for some wineries will mean huge celebrations in China, Japan, India, or Thailand. Since the competition began in 2004, I have often reminded judges on my panel about this – whether they are journalists, sommeliers, educators, Masters of Wine or Master Sommeliers. Scroll down for new tasting notes and scores on Jia Bei Lan vintages: from the Chinese wine label that won big at DWWA 20 ...
Dom Pérignon Rosé 2008 released
For Dom Pérignon, 2008 marked a significant turning point for its Champagnes. It was the year when the two-part renovation of the red wine winery was completed as well as the culmination of learning from a period of experimentation with different tools and techniques from 2000 to 2005. Scroll down to see the tasting note and score for Dom Pérignon Rosé 2008 ‘It’s not even an evolution, but a revolution between 2000 and today,’ said Dom Pérignon chef de cave Vincent Chaperon. ‘W ...
Claude Taittinger: Obituary
Claude took over Champagne Taittinger, which was founded by his father Pierre Taittinger in 1932, in 1960 following the death of his brother, François. He served first as managing director and then president of the company until 2005. During his tenure, he grew Champagne Taittinger from a niche label into a brand with international scale. Moreover, as one of the pioneers of the broader Champagne category’s international success during the 20th century, Claude has been credited with taking France ...
The word of the wine: Net
Said of a frank wine with well-defined characteristics.